Following the Procedure
For optimal results, patients are advised to adhere to follow-up care instructions:
- Post-operative Ultrasound: Post-procedure ultrasounds are required 3-7 days following any vein procedure. Our staff will coordinate the ultrasound with you so it fits your schedule. Exercise is not necessary prior to post-op ultrasound.
- Activity: You may resume regular activity. However, we ask that you refrain from any strenuous exercise for 2 weeks following your procedure.
- Pain/Discomfort: For mild discomfort following treatment, you may take an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Dressings: Following the procedure, the treated leg will be dressed in an ACE wrap. You may loosen or tighten the ACE wraps as necessary. The morning following the procedure, the ACE wraps may be removed. Shower and place the thigh-high compression stockings/hose on the treated leg. You will find that Dr. Johnson placed steri-strips over the incision areas — you may get these wet in the shower, but please allow them to fall off on their own. COMPRESSION STOCKING/HOSE MUST BE WORN FOR TWO WEEKS (DAY AND NIGHT) AFTER THE PROCEDURE
- Occasionally you may be able to feel the treated vein. This will feel like a cord under your skin. Massage the area 3-4 times a day to help this improve.
Details for Specific Procedures:
SclerotherapyRadiofrequency Ablation (RFA)VenasealVarithena