Leading up to the Procedure
Prior to any procedure, Dr. William H. Johnson, MD recommends that patients adhere to standard pre-op guidelines to allow for patient safety and maximum post-op results as follows:
- We recommend that you avoid Aspirin and NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Naproxen) for 2 days prior to a venous procedure to minimize bruising and bleeding. UNLESS you are having a Venaseal procedure. We ask that all Venaseal patients (if not contraindicated) start taking Motrin 600 mg Q8hr starting the day prior to the procedure and continue for 2 days post procedure.
- If taking prescription blood thinners, please consult your prescribing physician for instructions on discontinuation prior to treatment.
- Avoid lotions/shaving the day of the procedure.
- Please let us know if you find that you are anxious/nervous about the procedure, as a prescription for Xanax can be called to your nearest pharmacy.
Day of Procedure
- Drink plenty of water on the day of the procedure. Well hydrated veins are easier to access.
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable shoes as we ask that you arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to begin walking.
the Vein Center at Johns Creek
At the Vein Center at Johns Creek, Dr. William H. Johnson, MD and his staff are devoted to offering the best quality vein treatment in a tranquil, relaxed, comfortable, and professional setting. As well, the Vein Center at Johns Creek provides various options to fit your needs such as Sclerotherapy. If you have any questions or concerns about leg vein problems like Varicose Veins or Spider Veins, feel free to make an appointment or contact the staff. For easy availability, Dr. William H. Johnson is located in Suwanee, GA. He also serves the surrounding areas like Duluth, Lilburn, Alpharetta, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Roswell, Sugar Hill, Buford, and Duluth.